The Peacock plant, also known as Calathea Makoyana, is a beautiful tropical houseplant, famed for its beautiful, contrasting green and purplish-red leaves that will brighten up any indoor living space.
These indoor plant creations are by Rust & Flourish, a local floral event designer. View the entire collection here
**This product is available for Curbside Pick-Up only. Will not be shipped.
They do take a little bit of work to keep in good condition, so read on to learn all you need to know about peacock plant care.
- Light Requirements: Bright, indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Watering: Maintain moist soil. Water once the surface of the soil starts to dry.
- Soil: Well-draining general-purpose houseplant potting mix.
- Temperature: 60-75°F (16-24°C) for best growth.
- Humidity: >60% humidity. High humidity is really important to keep your peacock plant healthy. Using a digital hygrometer to monitor humidity is a great idea.
- Pruning: Remove old leaves and pinch back to maintain compact growth.
- Re-Potting: Repot every 1-2 years at the start of the growing season.
- Diseases and Pests: Generally quite resistant. Will get root rot if overwatered. Aphids, spider mites and scale sometimes.
- Toxicity: Non-toxic. Safe for humans and pets.